|Location:||Rolling Meadows or Chicago, IL|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Woodfield Fund Administration LLC is an independent, third party administrator. We provide third party administration services to hedge funds, private equity funds, fund of funds and other similar entities. Our staff of more than 30 people serves over 115 funds located in the U.S. and around the world. Our clients range from small start-up funds to managers in excess of $1 billion in assets under management and represent a diverse mix of strategies and structures.|
We are seeking an experienced Fund Accountant our Rolling Meadows or downtown Chicago office and become a part of the Woodfield team.
|Duties:||- Process trades, prices, and corporate actions into portfolio software daily, weekly or monthly depending on client needs. |
- Prepare daily, weekly or monthly deliverables as the client contract specifies which may include daily performance reporting to investors.
- Reconcile portfolio to client and broker/counterparty; identify breaks and resolve with client and/or broker.
- Seek efficiencies and enhancements to current processes and procedures.
- Prepare standard journal entries and review account balances/classifications for potential over/under accrual situations.
- Ensure investor allocations and fee calculations are accurate.
- Compile electronic workpapers for financial statements, investor statements and maintenance of electronic work papers.
|Qualifications:||- An accounting degree is required. A Masterís degree in accounting and/or a CPA designation is preferred |
- 2-5 years of experience in the hedge fund industry. The ideal candidate will have operations experience with a fund or fund administrator. Experience with private equity would be a plus.
- Working knowledge of various trading instruments such as equities, foreign equities, foreign currency, options, futures, forwards, swaps, bonds, and mortgage backed securities. Experience with bank debt would be a plus.
- Need to have the ability to balance multiple tasks and handle high pressure deadlines.
- The successful candidate will be one that demonstrates a dedication to quality and timeliness, has excellent communication skills, and a desire to learn and grow with the company.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.